Spiced Rice & Yellow Lentils
Cooking time: 20 minutes
- 3 tbs sunflower oil
- 1 tbs onion powder, BUY HERE
- 4 tbs crispy onions
- 1 tsp ground turmeric, BUY HERE
- 1 tbs cumin seeds, BUY HERE
- 1 dried red chilli
- 1 cinnamon stick, BUY HERE
- 3 whole cloves, BUY HERE
- 1/2 tsp crushed cardamom pod, BUY HERE
- 225g basmati rice
- 125g yellow split lentils, rinsed and drained
- 2 1/3 cup vegetable stock
- 6 tbs coriander leaves, finely chopped BUY HERE
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 tsp pickles (to serve)
- 1 tbs natural yoghurt (to serve)
- 4 poppadums (to serve)
- Heat the oil in a saucepan.
- Add the crispy onions to a saucepan and cook over medium heat for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the spices and cook for 2-3 minutes until fragrant.
- Place the rice, lentils and stir for 1-2 minutes.
- Pour in the stock, add the coriander and season well.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to low, cover tightly and cook for at least 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and leave to stand for 10 minutes, remain covered.
- Spoon into bowls and serve with pickles, poppadoms and yoghurt, if liked.
Posted By Herb Wholesalers
Updated : 9th August 2023 | Words : 197 | Views : 33